Sunday, March 9, 2014

3.9.14

Market St., Frisco

Greg, who knows

ruck satchel

Coit Tower there

there is Frisco

the Church in N. Beach

Zeotrope building



      San Francisco was beautiful yesterday evening.  The air was warm and windless, the atmosphere light, cheerful, and festive.  People were out enjoying themselves in a natural way.  I did not feel tension in the air, nor did I feel the threat of misfortune.  I felt I was living in the presence of perfection - a vivid fullness, a gently heightened color tone.  Yes, a treat for all of my senses.  Though I was alone, a solitary rider weaving quietly through the streets of North Beach, Russian hill, and the financial district, I could not ignore the pulsing romance of the night.  It was in the air I breathed, filling restaurants, strolling the sidewalks.  It lived in the cars and buses that drove by, and in the color and shine of objects as light reflected off their surfaces.  All these together.  I felt pain in my heart that I could not be a part of it, and that I wasted many opportunities in life that will ripple with sadness into my future.  But I also felt grateful that I was still alive, still just willing to live a little bit,  and possessed just enough sensitivity to be able to see and recognize the beauty and truth of eternal moments in time when they come.



No comments: